Monday, May 18, 2009

Heavenly Dessert

My favorite dessert is mango refrigerator cake. I used to make refrigerator cakes using fruit cocktail but four years ago I experimented with mangoes from our farm in Zambales. I've always used mangoes ever since. Zambales by the way has one of the best tasting mangoes in the world. This is why it would be great if you could get your hands on Zambales mangoes when you make this recipe. I promise you it is pure heaven. There is no other way to describe it. I always sing in anticipation when I make it. It's totally addictive so be careful. You might get fat.

Making it is simple. Just follow the recipe for refrigerator cakes. Just graham crackers and mangoes instead of other fruits when you make it. If you do not know the recipe here's how to make it.

Ingredients:

2 cartons of all purpose cream (chilled)
1/2 can of condensed milk
graham crackers
ripe Zambales mangoes peeled and cut into slices (the more mangoes the better)

Procedure:
1. Mix the all purpose cream and the condensed milk in a bowl.
2. Grease the base of an aluminum pan (pan should be at two inches high) with the mixture then lay the crackers on the pan until the base is totally covered with crackers.
3. Pour a good amount of mixture on the crackers.
4. Lay the mango slices next.
5. Make another layer of crackers on top of the mangoes, repeating steps 3-4 two more times.
6. Refrigerate for two to three hours.

Serve in small slices but I bet you'll be going back for more. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment